Credit for Military Experience


How to get credit for your military experience

Military servicemembers and veterans may be eligible to receive transfer credit toward their bachelor’s degree in the College of Professional Studies or their master’s degree in one of Northeastern’s nine colleges. To receive credit for your military experience, you must submit your JST/CCAF along with your application materials.

Bachelor’s Completion transfer credit

Looking to finish your bachelor’s degree and want to transfer credit? Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies accepts credit from your military service in addition to other universities you have previously attended toward your bachelor’s degree. These credits (up to 60 credits for veterans and 90 credits for active duty military servicemembers) may go toward any of CPS’s bachelor degree completion programs.

For veterans other than those from the Air Force, you must request your Joint Service Transcript (JST). For Air Force veterans only, you must request transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).

Learn more about how you can receive credit for your military experience toward your bachelor’s degree by talking to an enrollment counselor.


Graduate transfer credit

Take advantage of your military experience to earn a master’s degree from Northeastern University.

Special Operations Forces Captains Career Course (SOFCCC)

Northeastern University has a partnership with the Special Operations Forces Captains Career Course (SOFCCC) from the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School. This program provides an opportunity for qualified SOFCCC resident and reserve component students and graduates to complete the following Northeastern University master’s degrees available through the College of Professional Studies (CPS):

SOFCCC students participating in this program are eligible to receive up to 12 quarter hours of graduate transfer credit.

Northeastern University’s partnership with the Navy

Northeastern University recognizes the knowledge and skills demonstrated by Navy Information Warfare-qualified personnel (officer, enlisted, active, or reserve). That’s why we make it easy for you to quickly earn a Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence and Analysis by applying this qualification in exchange for transfer credit. Any Navy IW-qualified personnel can receive 25% tuition savings with 12 quarter hours of transfer credit and also receive the coveted 2400 Designation Strategic Intelligence Sub specialty code upon graduation.

Learn more about the Navy partnership transfer credit opportunity.


Request more information


Complete the form to talk with an enrollment counselor about receiving transfer credit for your military experience


Need help getting your JST/CCAF or still have questions about military transfer credit? Contact our military admissions officer: