Make the Real World Your Classroom
At Northeastern, students learn by doing. Our experiential learning model combines classroom study with practical, hands-on experience, providing students the opportunity to put theory into practice and gain the competitive edge they need to advance their careers.
Students are able to develop relevant skills in a format and on a schedule that fits their lifestyle. Our experiential learning opportunities include:
- Short-Term, Real-World Projects — Through the Experiential Network, students are paired with a sponsoring organization to complete a virtual project over a six-week period that informs critical business decisions.
- Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op build their resumés by working in a paid, full-time position in their field of study for three to six months.
- CAVS can help you navigate finding a co-op that fits your military-specific skill set and goals.
- Past co-op experiences for military students have included Goldman Sachs, Raytheon, Wellington Management, BAE Systems, State Street Bank, MAXIMUS Inc., Dell, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, and more.
- Research — Lab-based courses provide students with hands-on experience they can use to take their research to the next level.
- In-Class Case Studies — Professors bring a real-world perspective to what students are learning by integrating case studies into the classroom.
With more than 3,300 industry partners, we can help military students build their resumé, explore new careers, and seamlessly transition to civilian life.
Talk to an enrollment counselor about the experiential learning opportunities available to you.
“I chose Northeastern because, like most students, I valued the co-op programs. Also, being from New England, I knew Northeastern was an elite school and had much to offer in terms of networking and academic advancement.”
– Aaron Kazarian BS’19, Criminal Justice, MA’21 Strategic Intelligence Analysis
“My participation in the Northeastern University Master of Science in Leadership program provided a personal and professional growth opportunity. Coupled with experiential learning, I now have increased responsibilities and have become a trusted advisor to the CEO. I highly encourage and recommend this program for anyone desiring a life-changing education.”
– Master Sergeant Philip Davis, USMC (Ret) CPS Leadership ‘18
“Having come from the Marine Corps, I highly value real-life experience, and I recognized that Northeastern equally values that. I decided Northeastern would be a better fit compared to the standard four-year institutions that don’t necessarily value co-ops or internships.”
– Hochiang Wang, BS, Business Administration