Northeastern offers additional financial support through a variety of scholarship opportunities specifically for military servicemembers and veterans.
The Patriot Scholar Program
This is a Northeastern-funded scholarship for veterans and servicemembers. It focuses on recognizing the service, leadership, and experiences of each member.
In order to qualify, you must meet these requirements:
- Military service with an Honorable Discharge
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills, or examples of lessons learned from serving with or under other leaders
- A unique global perspective obtained through military deployments and/or overseas assignments
The Phi Gamma Pi Veterans Scholarship
This scholarship was created to help alleviate the financial burden placed on servicemembers, veterans, and their families. It may defray the cost of tuition and fees and other education-related expenses not covered by VA education benefits or the Yellow Ribbon Program.
In order to qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Active duty military members, including the Guard/Reserves, who have been deployed to a combat zone
- Veterans of any branch of the United States military who have been deployed to a combat zone and have been honorably discharged
- Children of servicemembers/veterans who were killed or wounded in action or were honorably discharged but are unable to transfer VA education benefits to their children
Learn more about the Phi Gamma Pi Veterans Scholarship by reaching out to CAVS at [email protected].
Ruby Linn Foundation Scholarships for Servicemembers and Veterans
Servicemembers (active duty, National Guard, reserve) and veterans who apply to any Lowell Institute School bachelor’s completion program are eligible to apply for a Ruby Linn Foundation Scholarship of up to $10,000. This scholarship can be used for tuition or education-related expenses.
Gunnery Sergeant Fry Scholarship
The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship provides Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the children and surviving spouses of servicemembers who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. Fry Scholarship recipients may receive up to 36 months of benefits at the 100% level and are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Northeastern Parking Stipend
Veterans and Servicemembers that attend classes in person at the Boston campus could be eligible for a stipend to help alleviate the cost of a day-time parking pass. There is no application, please contact [email protected] to verify eligibility.
Double Husky Scholarship
The Double Husky Scholarship is helping Northeastern alumni finance their graduate education by providing a tuition discount of up to 25 percent on more than 100 eligible degree programs. As a Northeastern graduate, you are automatically considered for the scholarship when you apply to one of our eligible graduate degree programs.
In addition to the military scholarships listed above, there are a number of scholarships available to prospective students based on their degree level, college, and program of interest. To learn more about these scholarship opportunities, please visit:
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship or have any questions about the options available to you, please talk to an enrollment counselor