Here at Northeastern University, we’re committed to providing a top-tier educational experience along with dedicated support services to help military veterans achieve their educational and career goals.
We understand military students’ unique educational journey and value the qualities that many veterans and service members possess and bring to the classroom: leadership, maturity, and effectiveness in teams.
No matter the path that you take at Northeastern, we’re here for you.
Dedicated center for the success of military students
Northeastern’s Dolce Center for the Advancement of Veterans and Servicemembers (CAVS) offers a variety of resources and benefits including:
- One-on-one financial counseling and help navigating your VA and other military benefits
- Mentorship opportunities
- A community on or off campus
- Help with the transition to civilian life
- A unique perspective – CAVS is run by veterans, and they are willing to offer advice or talk about their own experiences
Military-specific financial aid opportunities
- Yellow Ribbon Program with unlimited institutional matching funds from Northeastern University without a limitation on the number of recipients. If eligible, your degree could be 100% tuition free!
- Military specific scholarships for veterans and servicemembers for up to $10,000
- We offer tuition assistance matching and are proud to offer a dollar for dollar match that your branch of service pays toward the cost of attendance
- Assistance and help from CAVS to navigate and maximize your military VA education benefits (like the GI Bill®)
200+ industry-aligned and highly employable programs to choose from with flexible learning options
- Undergraduate, bachelor’s completion, master’s and doctorate degrees are perfect for military students’ future goals or past interests
- You can earn your degree on campus (at one of our eight regional campus locations), 100% online, or a hybrid of the two.
Military-specific support services
To combat the unique challenges that military students face, Northeastern provides:
Experiential learning opportunities ideal for military students
- You build your resumé as you earn your degree by participating in projects, co-ops, or other experiences with real-life organizations.
- Support from CAVS helps you find co-ops and job opportunities that fit your skillset and professional goals.
- Past co-ops for military students have been with companies like Goldman Sachs, Raytheon, Dell, MAXIMUS Inc., PwC, State Street Bank, and more.
An active military student community
In addition to CAVS, there is also a Student Veterans Organization on campus with volunteer opportunities, community engagements, and social events. Connect with the Northeastern military community and other military students at Northeastern.